Charities HR Network – benefits to joining and getting involved
The Charities HR Network has existed for over 20 years and is committed to promoting and driving improved standards of HR services across the Third Sector.
We provide a space, in meetings and online to discuss key issues with a broad network of peers working in charities of many sizes. Our activities have a strategic HR focus, enabling members to address developing practice and understand relevant legislation in the context of charity organisations.
What we offer ... time and space to discuss
Whilst taking place online for now, our four annual meetings and HR conference are continuing to take place, each including a key speaker to address current issues.
Meeting online has also enabled us to respond to the rapidly evolving employment landscape with regular Q&A session, often involving our headline sponsor and strategic employment law partner, Bates Wells.
Special interest groups provide the opportunity to dive deeper into specific, practical aspects of HR practice. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is our most recent group, alongside Learning and Development, and Recruitment. As sponsor of the Recruitment group, TPP Recruitment provide invaluable support in the current and ever-changing challenges facing organisations in the sector.
Our new website includes a members-only space to view resources, book onto events and engage with ‘members queries’, to seek advice and share information with over 85 organisations across our network.
If you wish to join or have queries about the network, membership fees or the support provided, please contact the CHRN coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to offer the right salary
- 5 tips on choosing between your two best equally qualified candidates
- Why employers need to be flexible to recruit top talent
- Writing effective job descriptions and person specifications
- Why rejecting a temp CV could be the wrong decision
- Are you guilty of hiring clone employees?
- Top 8 creative recruitment adverts
- Recruiting to fit your organisation’s culture
- Part time workers can add value to your organisation
- Recruiting for hard-to-fill roles
- 5 ways to improve your recruitment next year
- Make your recruitment budget work harder with PSLs
- Achieving diversity from the bottom up
- Five ‘hidden’ employer benefits of flexible working
- The right way to check references
- How to recruit outside London
- Manage your employer brand with LinkedIn
- The perils of purple squirrels
- Why you need to review your application form
- How to evaluate a cover letter
- Should you hire an 'overqualified' candidate?
- The top 10 mistakes made in recruiting
- How to shortlist CVs quickly and effectively
- Making sure your candidates feel the love
- Do you encourage your staff to volunteer?