Posted on 28/05/2020 by Penny Raven
TPP has regular contact with clients, temporary workers and job-seekers, this has allowed us to gather feedback and insights into the Covid-19 tainted job market from different angles. Through this we found that there were some common misconceptions about the current temporary/interim market as well as very legitimate concerns around currently hiring temporary support, despite there sometimes being an obvious need.
As such, we wanted to share some information with you about our experience of supplying temporary workers throughout the lock-down and as this begins to ease, and also reasons why you should still consider this staffing solution, despite working remotely or having uncertainty about when we will in fact be back in our offices to the same extent again.
The truth of the matter is, as lock-down lifts, it is very likely that we will not all be returning to work in exactly the same way. TPP want to ensure you remain confident about the staffing solutions available to you:
- Candidate availability is at an all-time high, this is true for TPP but was also reported in the May release of KPMG & REC Report of Jobs (London.)
- TPP has many immediately available candidates who have already worked for us, so you can have added confidence in their ability from previous positive feedback
- TPP has assisted clients with the onboarding of temporary workers and both clients and candidates have reported positively on their experiences of this during lock-down
- Most temporary workers have their own laptops and are fully equipped to be able to work remotely, alternatively laptops can be posted via recorded delivery if necessary
- Temporary workers are typically highly adaptable, quick to learn new systems and used to working within different working environments, many with experience of commonly used systems and databases used in the sector
- All temporary worker compliance is done remotely, including right to work or DBS checks if required, in line with new government regulations during lock-down
- All temporary workers are ‘met’ via video link and interviewed in exactly the same way as before
- Totally flexible staffing solution, no notice required if you need to terminate the assignment
- No permanent, fixed salary cost
- Many temporary workers are also open to permanent opportunities – if you are considering taking on a temporary worker for a permanent post, this is a great way of assessing the candidate before hiring them permanently
- TPP consultants are specialists in their functional areas and can share honest and reliable up to date market knowledge
Here are some testimonials from recent clients and temporary workers on their recent experience:
“We were understandably nervous about engaging a temp during lockdown and onboarding remotely. I was able to discuss the brief with TPP, talk over my concerns and get their advice. I asked for a temp with prior experience and a good track record. Within a couple of days I had 2 interviews set up with suitable candidates who met the brief. We conducted interviews remotely which went well and we engaged the best candidate for the job. So far so good! The candidate impressed us with her willingness to connect with our systems ahead of time to get the necessary training. The TPP team have been very responsive and have listened to what we needed. I think it is good to have the support of a trusted business partner at this time.”
TPP Temporary Worker
“I am grateful to my consultant at TPP for enabling me to access employment at this challenging time. After applying for a role that I had seen on the agency's website, she set up a telephone interview for me, with a communications team at a world leading university.
I was delighted to secure the position and have the support in place to start working safely and remotely with the team. Reference checks were swift and payroll was up and running promptly. It was reassuring to know I could contact my consultant by telephone or email throughout my assignment if I had any queries.”
If you are looking for a temporary worker or would like to discuss the current market, please contact Penny Raven on 020 7198 6000 or email email@example.com.