Posted on 2/11/2017 by
TPP worked in partnership with the BAC (British Accreditation Council), to deliver an informative seminar on the changing nature of the Higher Education landscape and more topically, the Higher Education and Research Act. You can view the slides from the event below.
The Act is currently in the consultation period; although the preliminary structure and proposals have been set out, this is subject to change post the consultation period. Some important information to take away included:
- The Act itself is UK wide, but parts of the Act are England specific, for instance, the Office for Students.
- All HE providers will be required to enrol onto the register, with 3 options to choose from, that come with specific conditions of registration.
- Proposal for the TEF to be compulsory.
- Office for Students will become legal entity from Jan 2018 with HEFCE functions being absorbed by the OfS from April next year.
- The consultation period comes to an end on 22 December 2017; the review of the new regulatory framework is currently underway.