Posted on 23/11/2017 by Matt Adams
Last Thursday night saw the 5th Social CEOs award ceremony
– an annual celebration of digital excellence in the charity sector. TPP Recruitment are proud to, once again, sponsor this event, which really has gone from strength to strength. This year, in addition to naming the Top 30 charity leaders and the overall winner, Matthew Hodson, Executive Director of NAM – a fantastic 100 nominations were received for 5 individual awards. Details of all this year’s winners can be found here.
You can find out more about the Social CEOs here, which were created to encourage even more leaders to excel online, and to demonstrate that those willing to take risks will gain traction – even without a large budget. Research from Lloyds Bank shows that charities using social media are 51% more likely to see an increase in donations. Yet more than half still lack basic digital skills, and almost two thirds of those believe an online presence is not relevant to their organisation.
This is backed up by research conducted as part of TPP Recruitment’s annual Marketing and Communications salary survey – here, only 58% of respondents felt that their organisation had a specific digital strategy, and 46% felt that their board/SMT had a good understanding of digital. So lots to celebrate, but also lots to do across the sector too.
If this is an area of interest for you or your charity, there are some fantastic resources available courtesy of Zoe Amar and Matt Phillips (founders of the Social CEOs awards!):
- Advice on how to get your leaders on social media
- 5 things digital leaders do differently
- A comprehensive briefing for charity sector leaders
Some other resources of interest:
- TPP Recruitment’s own Kate Maunder’s blog for Charity Comms looking at how to upskill in digital
- House of Lords Select Committee Report on Charities – “Stronger charities for a stronger society” – which includes a specific chapter (chapter 6) on Charities and digital technology
If you are looking to further your digital career, TPP have a variety of digital roles available.