Overview - Welfare Reform - The Essentials for Social Housing Providers
On 8th March 2012 the Welfare Reform Act received Royal Assent. The Act legislates for the biggest change to the welfare system for over 60 years and poses a huge challenge for all those working in the social housing sector.
This short e-learning course will help learners to understand the changes brought about through the Act and how these changes will affect their customers and their organisation.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Be able to explain the principle provisions of the Welfare Reform Act 2012 relating to the social housing sector
- Be able to explain how Registered Providers are shaping their services to meet customer needs and respond to the challenges welfare reform presents.
Cost - £16
Areas covered include:
- Regulatory changes
- Impact of the changes
- Overview of the main legal changes
- Changing needs of tenants and organisational response to the reforms
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 30 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
This module is targeted primarily at individuals within the Social Housing Sector including tenants, board members, as well as front line staff to middle management.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How to order
Use the drop-down box to select your training course and click on the Buy Now button to pay via PayPal. You can then choose to pay via a PayPal account or using your credit or debit card.
Once we have received payment, we will send you an email within 2 working days with the login details for your selected course.
If you would like to train on this course or if you require any further details, please contact 020 7198 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Manage Volunteers
- Refer a Friend
- Manual Handling
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting children, Young People and Adults at Risk
- Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme
- Learning Opportunities and Reflective Practice in Health and Social Care
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect – Core