Overview - Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme
This course is aimed at all professionals who work in sectors where they come into contact with people who may be vulnerable to radicalisation, whether they are adults, children or young people.
The aim of the course is to give you an awareness of the radicalisation process so you can feel confident about being proactive in taking a multi-agency approach to early intervention and support.
After completing this course you should:
- Understand what extremism and radicalisation are and why it is important to discuss and address these
- Know the main elements of the Prevent strand of the government’s CONTEST strategy
- Better understand what makes people vulnerable to radicalisation
- Know your responsibilities and recognise indicators that radicalisation might be taking place
A number of subject matter experts contributed to this course, including Lincolnshire Safeguarding Adults Board, Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board and Safe in Tees Valley.
Cost - £24
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Prevent Strategy
- The Radicalisation Process
- What should I do?
- Summary and Further Reading
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download and print a certificate.
Approximately 1 hour - 1.5 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like. However, this course also has several downloadable PDFs with additional information in, which you can print off and read in your own time.
All professionals who work in sectors where they come into contact with people who may be vulnerable to radicalisation, whether they are adults, children or young people.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How to order
Use the drop-down box to select your training course and click on the Buy Now button to pay via PayPal. You can then choose to pay via a PayPal account or using your credit or debit card.
Once we have received payment, we will send you an email within 2 working days with the login details for your selected course.
If you would like to train on this course or if you require any further details, please contact 020 7198 6000 or email email@example.com
- How to Manage Volunteers
- Refer a Friend
- Manual Handling
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting children, Young People and Adults at Risk
- Welfare Reform - The Essentials for Social Housing Providers
- Learning Opportunities and Reflective Practice in Health and Social Care
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect – Core