Overview - How to Manage Volunteers
Volunteers will have different reasons and motivations in choosing to volunteer their time. They may opt to volunteer to develop their skills, gain experience or give something back to the community. It is the role of the manager to effectively recruit, motivate, manage and develop volunteers to ensure both parties benefit fully from the process.
As a result, this course has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to manage volunteers. On completion, learners will understand how to successfully recruit, induct and motivate volunteers, the essentials associated with volunteers and the law, and the key organisational responsibilities.
By completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify key steps in implementing change successfully
- Appreciate the importance of being clear about why and how we use volunteers
- Be clear about what is involved in recruiting, managing and supporting volunteers
- Be able to identify which polices and procedures need to be in place
- Describe how to motivate and retain volunteers
- Be aware of the difference between a volunteer and an employee
- Have a knowledge of the fundamentals of volunteers and the law
Cost - £24
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Managing Volunteers
- Effective Management of Volunteers
- Volunteers and the Law
- Volunteers and the Organisation
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
This module is aimed at managers who have a responsibility to managing volunteers.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How to order
Use the drop-down box to select your training course and click on the Buy Now button to pay via PayPal. You can then choose to pay via a PayPal account or using your credit or debit card.
Once we have received payment, we will send you an email within 2 working days with the login details for your selected course.
If you would like to train on this course or if you require any further details, please contact 020 7198 6000 or email email@example.com
- Refer a Friend
- Manual Handling
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting children, Young People and Adults at Risk
- Welfare Reform - The Essentials for Social Housing Providers
- Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme
- Learning Opportunities and Reflective Practice in Health and Social Care
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect – Core