over 3 years ago
Radio Wexham’s aims and objectives are:
• To provide a professional hospital radio service to Wexham Park Hospital
• To improve the quality of life for the patients and staff.
• To provide support services, from outside broadcasts to activities organised by the League of Friends.
• To help in the local community wherever possible, always providing that the main role of serving the local hospital is not compromised
• To raise funds to finance the service
• Provide opportunities for all members to learn/develop radio and broadcasting skills
We need an organised, proactive individual to assist the Radio Wexham Leadership team with administration and secretarial support. Would suit an enthusiastic, good communicator who maybe interested in developing skills in administration. No previous experience necessary.
Description of the role:
- Attend Management committee meetings and Production Meetings
- Maintain, administer and distribute accurate minutes of Management Committee meetings and Production Meetings
- Point of contact for Radio Wexham
- Maintain, monitor and distribute communications through email and social media
- Provide administrative support to Chairman, Station Manager and Personnel Manager
- Attend publicity/fundraising events and promote Radio Wexham
Volunteering at the station is flexible and you give as much time as you can, most members volunteer one night a week for a couple of hours helping with visiting the wards/presenting/producing a show, as well as at our fundraising events.
Our philosophy at RW is you get out whatever you put in!!
The process with the station is after coming in for an interview and subject to receiving references, members usually spend the first 12 weeks as Radio Reps - this involves going round the hospital chatting to patients and getting requests. It's a great way to get to know the hospital and the varied listeners we have.
All our training is of the same standard as the national radio stations and we are now the only station in the UK where members aged 16 to 25 can also have the opportunity to earn an AS Level qualification! We are also part of a national association which offers professional training, seminars and networking.
Due to the nature of the role, a DBS check will be required and we cannot accept applications from under 16s, due to insurance purposes.
For a full description of the role, or to apply, please email the Chair Melanie Ives at email@example.com