£45k - 55k per year
about 3 years ago
TPP are currently working on behalf of a leading awarding body to recruit a Head of Assessment. This is a permanent position paying £45-55k based in South West London.
The awarding body specialise in providing qualifications in temporary Music and Performance Arts both nationally and internationally and have grown substantially over the last few years. With continued expansion plans this role would suit someone who is forward thinking, innovative and has a passion for Music and Performance Arts.
The Head of Assessment will lead the examinations team of 100+ freelance examiners and moderators who examine and standardise candidates in Contemporary music, Performance Arts (musical theatre and dance) and Vocational Music Qualifications throughout the world and input and advise on all aspects of syllabus and examining.
- Input into all new syllabi and oversee the writing of the syllabus guides
- Manage the appeals process
- Lead the various examiner conferences
- Manage the team of international examiners and engage in international travel as appropriate
- Understand and advise on the relevant academic rules, regulations and policies
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organisation’s Awards global strategic plan
You will have:
A degree level education.
High level people management skills
Considerable examining/assessment/syllabi and quality assurance experience in conjunction with a sound knowledge of the education sector, both compulsory and post-compulsory
Experience of managing a disparate team
An understanding of the UK music and dance education industry and associated pedagogy
Experience of examining/assessing across a wide range of subjects is essential and a knowledge of music/dance/theatre performance styles would be beneficial
Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with stakeholders across the organisation and our partners
A good grasp of technology and IT skills, and an ability to use technology to streamline and develop this area of the business
- Capable, target driven and solutions-oriented.
- Self-motivated, passionate, and creative
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good commercial acumen
- Someone who thrives in a challenging fast paced environment
- Strong presence with solid influencing skills
- A team player