14 days ago
This opportunity is directly with Amnesty International.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to provide support to the Governance Programme at the International Secretariat of Amnesty International in London. You will mainly work alongside and report to the Governance Programme Advisor and Committees Coordinator.
You will assist with data entry and analysis and help to maintain and develop our intranet site. The data entry role involves maintaining accurate records and files and collecting and collating statistical data and evidence and producing graphs in Excel to show the progress being made by Amnesty International entities against our organisational core standards. On the intranet side, you will assist the team with updating the Governance Programme's intranet pages by checking, editing and uploading materials to the intranet and help with editing videos for candidates running for an elected position in our global governance elections.
You will be comfortable with using technology and learning software and have a positive can-do attitude and work well within a team environment. You will help to establish an excellent web presence for the Governance Programme as well as offer your own ideas and suggestions for improving our internal processes.
We estimate this role will need 2-3 days support a week over 3 months. In addition, the successful volunteer will be requested to carry out the following tasks:
- Updating spreadsheets of data coming from around the organisation
- Carrying out data analysis for the Governance Advisor in line with our core methodology
- Help with maintaining and developing the governance intranet site
- Troubleshooting website issues and assisting with the testing of new intranet site features
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to the team as required
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- A keen eye for detail
- Have an interest and proficiency in analysing datasets
- A fast-learner who can work in a flexible manner
- Ability to be organised and self-motivated
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural differences and willingness to apply the principles of cultural diversity and equal opportunity
- Appreciation of security considerations, including the importance of confidentiality in Amnesty International's work.
- Experience of writing web content
- Have some experience of editing websites and video and audio pieces would be ideal
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks simultaneously
- A self-starter with strong autonomous problem-solving ability
- Enjoys inter-team collaboration
What will you gain from this opportunity?
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large NGO and develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
- Be closely involved with a project which contributes positively to improving organisational governance
- Be part of a team
- Build skills / experience for your CV in the not-for-profit sector
- The opportunity to develop your administrative and IT skills in an office environment
- Help support the development of an engaging intranet site that keeps users coming back
You can apply here: https://careers.amnesty.org/vacancy/governance-volunteer---london-2602/2629/description/
Voluntary work at Amnesty International provides valuable experience in a professional environment. We will provide the volunteer with regular feedback, evaluation and work references. However, please note that volunteering does not lead directly to employment with Amnesty International. Voluntary work is unpaid, although travel and lunch expenses are provided.
The International Secretariat, which operates from a number of sites around the world, gathers and communicates accurate and action-oriented human rights information globally. We campaign for meaningful human rights change; enable effective human rights activism and work to persuade governments and other actors to uphold universal human rights standards. We provide strategic leadership, support and advice to the Amnesty International movement globally, fostering Amnesty International's contribution, presence and public accountability throughout the world.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let's get to work.