£37000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
about 2 months ago
Are you a communications professional looking for an exciting new challenge?
If so, a Global association supporting the female-oriented and female-only membership and international development organisation are looking for a Communications Manager to join and lead their growing team.
As the Communications Manager you will be tasked to manage the communications function for a global girl-centred membership organisation. The primary aim of this newly-created role is to build the organisation's visibility and global profile as a modern, impactful organisation advocating for, and amplifying the voices of girls and young women around the world.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- As the Communications Manager, you will develop innovative communications, marketing and media strategies to strengthen and promote the profile and visibility of the organisation, it's member activities and programmes
- Drive a social media and influencer engagement strategy.
- Work with colleagues and Member Organisations around the world to ensure a constant pipeline of new and compelling stories, ensuring the voices of girls and young women are at the heart of everything they do.
- Coordinate the effective delivery of high-quality information about the organisation and the movement via social media, the press, their website, etc.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of our communications footprint ensuring that it is effective for profile, visibility, advocacy and fundraising.
- Manage their brand for maximum impact and consistency across all work streams (e.g., programmes, advocacy, campaigns, fundraising).
- Work with the Senior Management Team, especially the Chief Executive, to raise the profile of the organisation, its programmes and activities.
- Manage a small team of communications volunteers around the world.
- Develop key messages to raise the profile of issues of concern to girls and young women and communicate them effectively to their target audiences including decision-makers
- Identify strategic opportunities to build press engagement and secure media coverage of their work.
Your experience will include
- Strong track record in communications, including developing and delivering organisational communications strategy.
- Experience of developing strategy and inspiring materials for visibility, partnerships and fundraising.
- Experience in communicating to external audiences.
- Experience working cross organisationally in a global organisation with staff based in multiple locations.
- Experience in project planning.
- Experience of web and social media content development and associated trends.
- Self-starter - able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage varied and complex projects, resolving conflicting priorities.
- Ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders and work with and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work with autonomy, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities and solve problems quickly and sensitively and find new solutions.
- Good understanding and skills on MS Office and design software.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the empowerment of girls across the world through amazing international programmes and campaigns
If you are interested in the role of Communications Manager, please submit your CV with a 400-500-word Cove letter as to why you think your skills and experience would be a good fit for this role. If possible, we would also like you to provide us with a portfolio or examples of your previous work.
Closing date for applications is on the 10th of July 2022 with interviews to be arranged the following week.
We look forward to your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.