3 months ago
Voluntary with Expenses Paid
Nottingham (with events across England)
Circa 8 meetings per year
Boccia England is a registered charity and the national governing body for the Paralympic sport of boccia in England. We are responsible for all aspects of boccia in England from grassroots to elite, providing all levels of participation, striving for everyone to reach their full potential. We are determined to increase opportunities for people to get involved in our sport whether as a player, volunteer, coach or official.
We are currently looking for a Treasurer who will also be a Senior Independent Director to sit on our Board and Governance Sub-Committee. The Board and Sub- Committee both meet formally on a quarterly basis at our Nottingham Headquarters.
The Boccia England Board is responsible for leading the organisation, ensuring that all activities remain true to our vision and values. Board develops our strategy and ensures the highest level of governance and conduct for the organisation. The Governance Sub-Committee oversees matters relating to governance, including finance, policies and staffing, on behalf of the Board.
As Treasurer/ Senior Independent Director you will be expected to:
- show commitment and act as an Ambassador for the organisation by attending meetings and ad hoc Boccia England competitions,
- provide leadership, insight and guidance on how Boccia England can deliver its strategic aims, ensuring an excellent experience for all those involved,
- be responsible for overseeing the financial matters of the charity, in conjunction with the CEO and Board Chair, in line with good practice and in accordance with our governing documents and legal requirements,
- report to the Board about the financial health of the organisation,
- ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place in conjunction with the CEO and Board Chair.
We are particularly keen to hear from people who have:
- expertise in accountancy and financial management (essential)
- extensive experience in corporate management (essential)
- knowledge of the sport sector, particularly sport involving disabled participants (desirable)
- understanding of charity law and/or sports law (desirable)
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight to our Board. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you. It's a challenging position but in return we offer a friendly and supportive environment.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities.
Further information about Boccia England can be found on our website www.bocciaengland.org.uk.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge and experience, and what you could bring to our Board to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to Head of Business Support, Boccia England, 8 Heathcoat Buildings, Nottingham Science Park, Nottingham, NG7 2QJ.
Closing date: 11 March 2018
Boccia England is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic minority, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief, gender, social status or sexual preference, than any other.