Do you enjoy working with children?
All Aboard Club provides inclusive play sessions for autistic and ADHD children, where they can build and play with our huge train sets and develop their social and communication skills.
We have been running play sessions in London and the South East for 3 years, supporting over 400 families.
We're looking for volunteers to run our weekend play sessions by helping to set up a massive train track on the floor.
We welcome applications from anyone but especially from autistic, ADHD or neurodiverse individuals as it is great to have volunteers who can relate to the challenges our children and families experience.
Here's a glimpse of what the role involves:
- Attending one or two of the locations (Streatham, Woking, Lewisham, Wimbledon or Weybridge) on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Lending a hand to carry our train set boxes from the car.
- Taking about an hour to set up our magical train world, which usually involves a crew of 2 - 5 people.
- Working closely with fellow volunteers to ensure the train set layout flows seamlessly and fits into our play space.
- Practicing active listening and effective communication with our awesome team.
- Keeping a watchful eye on the tracks and trains to ensure everything runs smoothly during the session.
- And last but not least, helping to pack up our world of imagination at the end.
Interested to see what an All Aboard Club play session looks like? Here’s a time-lapse video from one of our sessions: https://youtu.be/J9vZ0A5UTeE (the video was made when we used to be called “Engine Shed”).
For more information about All Aboard Club, please see our website www.allaboardclub.com
We work from our current locations once a month on a Saturday or Sunday:
St Nicholas Community Hall
34 Robin Hood Lane, Sutton SM1 2RG
Tesco Extra, Addlestone
117 Station Rd, Addlestone KT15 2AS
Lochaber Hall Community Centre
Manor Lane Terrace, London SE13 5QL
Streatham Youth Centre
Conyers Rd, London SW16 6LS
Lightbox gallery, Woking
Chobham Rd, Woking GU21 4AA
St John the Divine
Kew Rd Richmond TW9 2NA
41 Atwood Ave Richmond TW9 4HF
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.