3 months ago
Do you want to use your skills and experience to help a social enterprise tackle youth violence?
Are you a team player?
Do you go the extra mile to help others?
Are you passionate about creating social change?
If so, we need your help. We are looking for driven and passionate volunteers who are able to help us, help more young people.
Say It With Your Chest is recruiting volunteers to help us with our work. Volunteers are vital to the success of the organisation and your efforts will help us expand our impact.
Volunteers will be expected to help Say It With Your Chest based on our current needs but based on your experience and interests tasks could include:
- Updating our social media pages.
- Writing blogs for our website.
- Creating promotional materials.
- Contacting schools and corporate businesses to form partnerships.
- Helping run our Switch Ambassador Programme in a school.
- Providing administration support i.e. creating spreadsheets and powerpoints.
- Fundraising i.e. identifying grants for Say It With Your Chest to apply to and helping organise fundraising events and activities.
- Other activities which will help us further our cause.
Skills and Qualities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to learn.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
Our office is located in Hackney in London but the majority of the volunteering work can be done remotely. If you were successful you would be required to come to the office for your induction and any training required.
- You would need to be able to volunteer for a minimum of 16 hours per month for six months.
- You must live in the UK.
- You are at least 16 years old.
- Have access to a computer with a good wifi connection.
- Free access to a 24/7 wellbeing helpline.
- An opportunity to gain new skills.
- Invitations to exclusive Say It With Your Chest events.
- Great experience to put on your CV.
- Flexible volunteer hours that fit around you.
- Being part of an organisation with like-minded people.
Any offer will be conditional on us receiving at least two satisfactory references. All of the volunteering positions will also be subject to a criminal record check conducted by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The level of the DBS check will be a basic check. The cost of this check will be reimbursed.
We would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief, and sexual orientation. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and we are committed to inclusivity. Our selection procedures ensure that people are treated on the basis of their relevant merits, experience, skills and abilities and that no individual receives more or less favourable treatment. We can offer flexibility through the interview process and endeavour to accommodate a candidate's needs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via this link www.sayitwithyourchest.co.uk/jointheteam