about 2 years ago
Supporting Relationships & Families (SRF) is a local charity whose aims are to help raise awareness of the often traumatic effects on the emotional health of migrant families, separated and subsequently reunited or migrant children placed with alternative families.
We are looking for an office-based volunteer who can help us carry out general administrative duties, raise our profile and liaise and communicate with our members.
Strong administrative and organisational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A strong interest in working in the health and social care or charity sectors.
Ongoing, but a minimum of 3 months commitment, 14 hours per week (Flexible Monday-Wednesday).
Elaine Arnold, Director.
- Observe the Volunteers’ Code of Conduct;
- Manage and communicate with different community centres, youth clubs and health professionals associated with the project.
- Coordinate meetings with partners and build and sustain a good working relationship with partners.
- Answer and transfer telephone calls, check voice mails and take appropriate action;
- Update the SRF website (guidance will be provided);
- Set up and manage a Facebook page and update regularly;
- Help to book and organise events and conferences;
- Contact new potential members and encourage them to sign-up;
- Assist with the preparation of leaflets and other publicity materials;
- General office duties including scanning documents, filing and photocopying;
- Ability to handle information in a confidential, sensitive manner with due care, respect and discretion;
- Ability to follow instructions and guidance, but also to work independently when appropriate.
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We are looking for a volunteer who is available 14 hours or more per week.
Although this position is unpaid, we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment.
What will you get from volunteering with Supporting Relationships & Families?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
- The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences;
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with SRF to seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment;
- The opportunity to make a difference in the community;
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Expenses Policy.
- Induction and support from a supervisor;
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers’ time commitment, a minimum of monthly for the first three months;
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or call Delia Fitzsimmons on 020 8516 7766.
Closing Date: 2nd January 2017
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.