What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- help with the day to day running of the Citizens Advice service (SPA: Single Point of
- respond to emails both from clients and professionals
- type up letters and read through documents checking for mistakes
- record client data on the Bromley Well Charity Log Database and either refer to Bromley Well Services or signpost where necessary.
- update spreadsheets with regard to staff availability and daily statistics
- follow up on tasks within the SPA action list by calling back clients where necessary; not in an advice role
What’s in it for you?
- gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, admin, IT skills and working in a team
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team
- and we’ll reimburse expenses too, within limits
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good communication, listening and IT skills - essential
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We ask that you are able to volunteer for at least a minimum of 6 months depending on the role. We can be flexible about the hours that you volunteer so come and talk to us. Our vacancies are across all our departments.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and nonbinary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming an Admin Support Volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.
Please contact, Volunteer Recruitment for further information and application form at Citizens Advice Bromley, Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH or email her at Recruitment@citizensadvicebromley.org.uk
This role is advertised as part of TPP's Free Giving Back Services. This volunteer advertisement copy has been supplied to TPP and applicants apply direct to the organisation. Please contact the organisation directly if you have any questions about this volunteer role.