Volunteering is a great way to support a cause and make a difference in your community. It can also be an excellent opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills. If you'd like to give something besides money, consider lending your time and talents to organisations that are personally important to you.
Things to think about
- Why do you want to volunteer?
- What cause or organisation do you want to support?
- Location – are you looking to support your local community, further afield or abroad?
- What suits your skills, talents and interests? What can you offer?
- How does volunteering fit it with your work, study and schedule? How much time can you commit?
- What do you want to learn or achieve?
Check out the links at the top left for help and advice on volunteering in the sector. Search through our volunteer jobs to look for any that might suit you.
You can also follow @TPPVolunteers on Twitter or sign up for job alerts to find out about our volunteer opportunities as soon as they are posted.
Most charities have links on their website relating to volunteering, there may also be a Volunteer Centre in your local area. Follow the link input your postcode for centres near you.
Many volunteers encounter a variety of new challenges when they begin giving their time. Sharing new experiences with new people, you can learn new skills that can give you confidence to face challenges in other areas of your life.