Working within a not for profit membership organisation or professional body will require you to offer advice to potential new members and provide a high level of customer care to current members.
Typical membership jobs include Membership Managers, Membership Officer or Membership Administrator.
Responsibilities & Duties for Membership Manager Roles
- Line manage the team
- Oversee recruitment process for new members
- Oversee retention programme for current members
- Strive to improve current service / benefits to attract new members
Responsibilities & Dutires for Membership Administrator / Officer Roles
- Manage applications and process subscriptions
- Maintain member database to ensure date is up-to-date and accurate
- Act as first point of contact for telephone and email enquires
Skills Required for Membership Jobs
Essential requirements include are first class customer service skills, excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages and databases, along with experience in handling large volumes of data.
Career progression for Membership Administrators is usually into the management of membership teams.