Overview - Manual Handling
Back injury is the main reason for absence from the workplace and one third of all reported injuries that result in three days off work are caused by manual handling accidents.
Employers are required by law to take reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of all employees, one of which is increasing awareness about the hazards related to manual handling, and outlining what can be done to minimise risk.
This online Manual Handling module provides learners with the knowledge they need in order to reduce the chance of incurring an injury whilst manually handling loads in their work environment.
On completion of this module, you will understand:
- The reasons why you need to know how to move and handle objects correctly
- The key pieces of legislation that relate to manual handling; the responsibilities they place on you and your employer
- The basic theory of how your spine works, common injuries and how you can avoid them
- The key factors to take into account before undertaking the moving or lifting of a load
Cost - £24
- The Law
- The Spine
- Moving and Handling Objects Safely
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 2 hours. On average this course takes 2 hours to complete. The length of time taken depends entirely on how individuals study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like. The Learning Management System automatically records your progress so you can pause and resume the training easily.
This is a manual handling course that is primarily applicable to anyone who may need to lift items as part of their duties, however the information is applicable to any workplace environment.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How to order
Use the drop-down box to select your training course and click on the Buy Now button to pay via PayPal. You can then choose to pay via a PayPal account or using your credit or debit card.
Once we have received payment, we will send you an email within 2 working days with the login details for your selected course.
If you would like to train on this course or if you require any further details, please contact 020 7198 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Manage Volunteers
- Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting children, Young People and Adults at Risk
- Welfare Reform - The Essentials for Social Housing Providers
- Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme
- Learning Opportunities and Reflective Practice in Health and Social Care
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect – Core