|Job Title||Youth Volunteer Coordinator - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Salary||£12.64 - 13.74 per hour + holiday pay|
|Job Published||15 Nov 2016|
|Contact Name||OS Temp Team|
Youth Volunteer Coordinator - Temporary Full Time
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join an environmental charity as a Youth Volunteer Coordinator on a temporary basis until February 2017. The purpose of the role is to help drive an exciting new programme of six-month full time volunteering placements for young people aged 16-25 within environmental charities and local authorities. You will be responsible for the recruitment of 45 young people and will organise and supervise a programme of diverse volunteering activities to promote the charity to young people, supporting them to engage with, enjoy, protect and preserve their local environment.
- Develop appropriate marketing and promotional materials to recruit 45 young people to the programme.
- Identify and build relationships with a range of external organisations and agencies to support the promotion of the scheme, recruitment of young people and delivery of the project.
- Provide day to day support to young people engaged on the programmes ensuring that all participants receive the induction, training and practical support they need.
- Develop a programme of activities and projects for the young people and support them to develop and deliver their own social action projects in line with the wider aims and objectives of the charity.
- Promote the successes and progress of the project using a range of methods including the charities and partners? websites and social media sites.
- Work with partners internal and external to identify progression opportunities such as placements, work experience, apprenticeships, further and higher education opportunities.
- Complete and submit regular project monitoring and reporting in line with lead partner and funder requirements.
It is desirable that you have a DBS, a full clean driving license, a MiDAS minibus qualification and Level 3 TAQA Assessor status. It is essential that you have proven experience working with young people and managing volunteers. As this role is with an immediate start, candidate who are immediately available will be given preference.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.