|Job Title||Youth Education Marketing Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||10 Feb 2015|
Why the RNLI needs this role
This role will help us save lives at sea by raising awareness of the RNLI’s Youth Education Team and promoting volunteer education presentations to schools and youth groups, with a current focus on primary aged children.
Potential commitment: On a flexible basis
Location: Home Based
Responsible to: Youth Education Manager
Responsible for: n/a
Role specific requirements: Level 2 – RNLI Safeguarding Policy
• Expectation to comply with the Volunteer Commitment
• Research and highlight new presentation opportunities for Youth Education Volunteer Presenters within a defined local area in liaison with the RNLI’s Youth Education Team.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge and promote all of the Youth Education’s resources to different youth audiences.
• Have an awareness of potential National Curriculum opportunities which RNLI presentations offer so approaches can be targeted appropriately
Measures of Success
• An increase in the awareness of the RNLI, its heritage and water safety messages in the local area
• An increase in the number of schools and youth groups requesting youth education volunteer presentations
• Development of on-going relationships within local schools for repeat visits by Youth Education Volunteer Presenters
What you will get from this role
• Make a positive difference by raising awareness of water safety and the RNLI with young people
• Join a lively, motivated and dedicated team
• Gain valuable experience that will enhance your CV and set you apart in the job market
• Develop skills and experience within the charitable and education sectors
• Gain charity sector contacts within a supportive environment
• Reasonable travel and lunch expenses covered
The RNLI has set values as an organisation that we ask all our staff and volunteers to uphold:
Selfless: Willing to put the requirements of others before our own and the needs of the team before the individual, able to see the bigger picture and act in the best interests of the RNLI. Inclusive and respectful of others. Prepared to share our expertise with organisations that share our aims.
Dependable: Always available, committed to doing our part in saving lives with professionalism and expertise, continuously developing and improving. Working in and for the community and delivering on our promises.
Trustworthy: Responsible, accountable and efficient in the use of the donations entrusted to us, managing our affairs with transparency, integrity and impartiality.
Courageous: Prepared to achieve our aims in changing and challenging environments. We are innovative, adaptable and determined in our mission to save more lives at sea.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and comply with the RNLI Safeguarding Policy and Procedures to ensure the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
Health and safety responsibilities
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of others with whom you volunteer, by reporting all potential and actual health and safety matters including accidents using the correct procedures.