|Job Title||Youth Activity Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Salary||Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses met|
|Job Published||14 Dec 2016|
|Contact Name||Volunteers Team|
Location: Across the UK
Time commitment: On average one day per month
Responsible to: Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
In the UK today, too many disabled children lack the equipment and opportunities they need to live life to the full and reach their true potential. Whizz-Kidz sets them free by providing the right mobility equipment and skills to build their self-esteem, confidence and aspiration. By joining in and volunteering, you can help transform children’s lives.
Youth Activity Volunteers support young wheelchair users aged 8 to 25 in a range of activities at various services including: Ambassador Clubs, Wheelchair Skills Training, Work Skills Days and Camp Whizz-Kidz.
You can help in many ways:
• Supporting and encouraging young people to engage in activities and get the most from these events
• Setting things up and clearing away after each event
• Depending on experience, help to deliver certain activities e.g. ice breakers, games and workshops
What's in it for me?
• Help to transform the lives of disabled children
• Learn new transferable skills & improve your CV
• Meet new people
• Add value to your local community
• Be active and engaged
• Enthusiastic and confident
• Supportive, friendly and sensitive to others
• Ability to communicate with young people of all ages
• Positive attitude towards disability
• Flexible and creative
• Proactive and not afraid to get involved
• Experience of working with young people is an advantage but not essential
Training and support:
• Volunteer induction and training
• Support from Volunteer and Leadership Co-ordinator
• Access to Whizz-Kidz Online Learning Centre with 180 courses which includes a Whizz-Kidz induction and safeguarding course.
An enhanced DBS check will be processed for all volunteers.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses met.
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/support-us/volunteering/youth-activity-volunteer or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.