|Job Title||Volunteer Tele-Befriender - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Job Published||25 Jan 2016|
|Contact Name||Volunteers Team|
Deafblind UK are looking for volunteers to make regular phone calls to a deafblind person(s) and engage in conversations of mutual interest, offering support and friendship to each deafblind person. Reducing deafblind people’s isolation, and improving their quality of life. Providing advice and guidance to a deafblind person(s) as appropriate within a mutual friendship.
- To establish and build a tele-befriending relationship
- To call an identified deafblind person at a mutually convenient time on a regular basis
- To enable the deafblind person to discuss topics of their choice
- To engage in conversations of mutual interest with a deafblind person and to provide encouragement to maintain the flow of conversation for the allotted time
- To provide advice and guidance to a deafblind person to a level appropriate within a mutual friendship
- To provide regular updates of your volunteering activity to your volunteer co-ordinator
- To provide a regular commitment of time and provide as much notice of any absence as possible
- Willing to learn communication techniques to meet the needs of the deafblind person / people (full training will be provided)
- Willing to use own phone to call deafblind people in their homes
- To be able to commit to making regular calls to a deafblind person
- To adhere to the requirements of Deafblind UK’s volunteer policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook.
If you would like further information or wish to apply, please email us at email@example.com or telephone 01733 358100 and speak to Lyn Pollard.