|Job Title||Volunteer Recruitment Assistant - EXPIRED|
|Location||Preston and district|
|Job Published||16 Feb 2015|
Why the RNLI needs this role
This role will help us save lives at sea by assisting the RNLI fundraising branches to source new volunteers who will raise vital lifesaving funds
Potential time commitment: Flexible
Team: Community Fundraising
Location: Preston and district
Responsible to: Community Fundraising Manager
Responsible for: n/a
• Comply with the Volunteer Commitment
• Become familiar with the local RNLI community
• Work closely with the fundraising branches in the area to assist with their recruitment needs
• Build relationships with local shops, businesses, organisations, community groups etc
• Proactively research recruitment possibilities within the area
• Use your local knowledge to assist with the recruitment of volunteers
Measures of Success
• The local RNLI community is more supported
• An increase in the number of volunteers
Training and Support
• Training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided if required
• The RNLI will aim to provide opportunities for personal development in your volunteer role.
What you will get from this role
• Join a motivated, fun and enthusiastic team
• Gain valuable experience that will enhance your CV and set you apart in the job market
• Meet new people within your local community
• Satisfaction of giving back
• Gain charity sector contacts within a supportive environment
• Reasonable travel and lunch expenses covered
The RNLI has set values as an organisation that we ask all our staff and volunteers to uphold:
Selfless: Willing to put the requirements of others before our own and the needs of the team before the individual, able to see the bigger picture and act in the best interests of the RNLI. Inclusive and respectful of others. Prepared to share our expertise with organisations that share our aims.
Dependable: Always available, committed to doing our part in saving lives with professionalism and expertise, continuously developing and improving. Working in and for the community and delivering on our promises.
Trustworthy: Responsible, accountable and efficient in the use of the donations entrusted to us, managing our affairs with transparency, integrity and impartiality.
Courageous: Prepared to achieve our aims in changing and challenging environments. We are innovative, adaptable and determined in our mission to save more lives at sea.
Health and safety responsibilities
To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of others with whom you volunteer, by reporting all potential and actual health and safety matters including accidents using the correct procedures.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and, expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and comply with the RNLI Safeguarding Policy and Procedures to ensure safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
To apply for this role, please go to https://volunteering.rnli.org/vacancy/volunteer-recruitment-assistant-preston-and-district-210743.html
Closing date: 3rd May 2015