The Royal Society for Blind Children believes in a better life for blind children.
We are on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil the potential we know they’ve got.
About the Role
Gain fabulous first-step experience of working in a busy and friendly community and events charity fundraising team. This exciting opportunity will be community focussed and will enable you to play a key part in driving forward RSBC’s Community and Events Fundraising in 2017.
- Researching new donors, partners and suppliers
- Researching potential collection box holders, and co-ordinating distribution of collection boxes
- Supporting a portfolio of challenge events, including London Marathon 2017, Royal Parks and RSBC’s flagship event Blindfold Run 2017 (taking place in November).
- Managing relationships with volunteers, event organisers and charities looking for new opportunities
- Sending out welcome and fundraising packs, good luck and well done emails, mailings and calls
- Data entry and experience of using a CRM
Qualities, Skills and Experience Required
- Confident computer skills including knowledge of Office, databases and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong telephone skills
- Enthusiastic and positive manner
- Interest in gaining experience in charity fundraising
- Induction to your role
- Ongoing support and supervision will be provided
- Opportunity to complete training to become a sighted guide
What Interns will Gain from this role
- Excellent first-step experience in fundraising and community events sectors within a national charity
- Office-admin, customer service and database skills
- Experience using transferable skills such as planning, organising, project management
Location & Time Commitment
- You will be based at our office in Dalston Hackney
- The internship’s duration is from April to December 2017; but shorter periods will be considered.
- This is a 2 days a week role, Monday to Friday, but specific times and days are flexible to fit around your commitments
- This internship is unpaid but expenses including a daily lunch allowance and travel will be provided, within agreed guidelines
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and why you are interested in the role.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ref: EXPIRED - LF1137 | Published: 20th Mar 2017