T1International is a small, volunteer-led charity that raises awareness about the challenges of life with type 1 diabetes in resource-poor settings around the globe. We advocate for adequate access to insulin, diabetes supplies, medical care and education for all people living with type 1 diabetes, no matter where they live. Life with diabetes is complicated. Access to vital insulin, diabetes supplies and medical care should not be.
To learn more about T1International visit and explore our website at www.t1international.com.
About the role
Trustees of T1International will be part of the running and management of the charity and will support overall decision making for the activities of the charity and its use of funds. Trustees also share in administrative and legal responsibility for ensuring the charity remains compliant with HMRC and Charity Commission rules and regulations.
Join us and be part of an exciting grassroots advocacy movement that is supporting individuals and organisations facing type 1 diabetes worldwide. In this role you will be raising awareness about and addressing life-or-death issues that are still unknown to many. By joining us, you will be helping to build our charity as we become a sustainable organisation that will thrive and continue until access to the diabetes necessities and #insulin4all is a reality.
- Help to shape the charity’s strategy and direction
- Make decisions with other trustees regarding T1International management, activities and finances
- Recruit and steward supporters of T1International
- Engage with T1International on social media channels and stay up-to-date with what is happening in the Global Health, Non-communicable disease and type 1 diabetes space
- With the other Trustees, organise and participate in regular meetings
- Take responsibility for writing meeting minutes and sharing them as part of the rota
- Help to organise and coordinate fundraising and awareness-raising events, including promotion and participation in said events
- Assist in administrative and legal duties for running T1International, including Charity Commission annual reporting
- Connect with your contacts and any groups or organisations that may be interested in the work and mission of T1International
- Regularly promote T1International to your social and professional network
Time Commitment & Terms of Appointment
- Trustee Board Meetings are held every six weeks via skype, (with occasional in person meetings) from 6.30-8.30BST
- Communication between meetings takes place via email, facebook and phone/skype
- We ask that you commit to 1-3 hours per week on T1International duties if you take on this role, with occasional extra hours if we are in the midst of large campaigns or administrative processes
- Trustee appointments will be reviewed annually, and newly inducted Trustees should expect to serve for at least 3 years
We would particularly like someone who could offer insight into the challenges faced by people with type 1 diabetes or health conditions in low and middle income country contexts. We are a global organisation and welcome international applicants that meet the person specifications.
We are also especially interested in hearing from you if you have expertise in grant writing, campaigning, or legal.
- Is committed to the aims and missions of T1International and to advocating for people with diabetes in resource-poor settings worldwide
- Pays great attention to detail and is thorough when undertaking tasks for the charity
- Exercises good, independent judgement
- Has an ability to think creatively and take risks
- Works effectively as a member of a team while contributing an independent perspective
- Is willing to put in the time and effort committed to support T1International
- Is fluent in English; other language skills desirable
- Maintains an understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Some people are disqualified by law from acting as Trustees including: anyone who has an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty; anyone who is an undischarged bankrupt; anyone who has been removed from trusteeship of a charity by the courts or charity Commission for misconduct or mismanagement
To apply for the position of T1International Trustee, please email a CV and covering letter addressing the person specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st.
Please reach out if you have any questions about the role or about T1International. Thank you!