|Job Title||Trustee - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||29 Jan 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers team|
The GravityLight Foundation tackles poverty and protects the environment through innovative product design.
Over 1.5 billion people have no access to electricity, and millions more have unreliable and sporadic supply. Instead they rely on biomass fuels - predominantly kerosene - for light.Hazardous and polluting, there is a real need to replace kerosene with a safer, sustainable and affordable light that eliminates the many negative impacts of kerosene lights.
To realise this, The GravityLight Foundation designs and creates clean, low-cost, off grid energy solutions with the objectives to:
- end the poverty trap caused by dependence on kerosene, which consumes 15-20% of household incomes
- protect the environment by providing a clean, off grid alternative to kerosene lamps, which each emit 150kg CO2 per year
Our first product is GravityLight, an innovative and award winning device, that transforms the pull of gravity into light and low levels of power.
We are currently building our trustee board to lead the organisation through its exciting and ambitious start-up phase.
The GravityLight Foundation is looking for individuals with strong leadership skills, strategic vision, senior management experience and a passion for our mission. As a trustee, you would be responsible for the overall management of the charity, as well as sharing your expertise, acting as an ambassador for the charity and providing more hands-on support when necessary.
We are recruiting a board of 5-6 trustees that collectively bring:
* Significant leadership experience, including previous trustee or board-level positions
* Fundraising expertise; and successful track-record whether with governments, foundations or individual donors
* Marketing experience, especially focused on behaviour change and multi-national campaigns
* Experience working in developing countries, especially sub-Saharan Africa and Asia
* Business strategy, including scaling an early stage organization
* Financial literacy
Hours/days you require the volunteer for:
Trustees need to be able to commit to:
- quarterly, half day board meetings in London,
- 3 to 6 hours/ month on ad hoc projects and challenges;
- for a minimum of 1 year term, ideally 2 years
Closing date : 27th Feb 2015
Information on how to apply:
If you're interested in finding out more, or would like to apply by sending over your CV with a covering note, please contact :firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check out our website www.gravitylight.org for more information about GravityLight and hear our Technical Director, Jim Reeves, TedX talk on the journey from idea to field trials: http://gravitylight.org/media/
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
TPP was voted Best Recruitment Agency 2014 at the IoF PIFAs.