A leading membership institution is currently recruiting for an Education Manager, an exciting role within their Membership and Education Team to lead the development, management and implementation of the education strategy and improve and enhance stakeholder engagement.
The key responsibilities for the Education Manager include:
- Improve and enhance engagement with stakeholders e.g. universities, FE sector, schools, Regional Groups, student/graduate members and other agencies including STEM, the Royal Academy, Engineering UK, E4E, the Government etc
- Develop new services and materials which will increase student/graduate membership and applications from academics through the Research and Development Route.
- To raise the profile and influence of the Institution with education policy-makers.
- To assist influencing the improvement of education standards in structural engineering.
- Support curriculum development, innovative teaching and improvement in educational standards via the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) (you will act as Visit Secretary), Academic Qualification Panel (AQP) and other panels / task groups.
- Source educational materials, either through partners or directly by the Institution, in accordance with the education strategy
Key criteria to fulfil this role includes:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the education environment, preferably with an engineering context.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of academic qualifications in particular relating to Further Education/Higher Education provision, preferably within the civil/structural engineering discipline.
- Reviewing consultation/policy documents, acting in an advisory role to staff at a senior level, and an ability to produce concise and coherent responses to proposals and implement appropriate initiatives thereafter.
- Influencing and supporting curriculum development, innovative teaching and improvement in educational standards.
- Secretariat experience, working with volunteer chairs, developing agendas, taking minutes and delivering on action points.
- Stakeholder engagement in the education sector working with universities, further education establishments and schools etc. in the UK and on an international basis.
- Prior experience gained within a professional engineering institution, or similar, would be advantageous, though it is not a pre-requisite.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J53861KP
Ref: EXPIRED - J53861KP | Published: 16th Nov 2015