|Job Title||Special Events Manager - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£30000 per annum|
|Job Published||09 Mar 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP Fundraising|
A leading UK medical charity seeks a Special Events Manager to join their fundraising team. This is a full time and permanent position based at their head office in London, reporting to the Head of Events.
The main focus of the role is to develop and deliver the special events portfolio, working closely with the Head of Events and Events Officer, interns and volunteers, to achieve agreed objectives and fundraising targets.
Key duties within this role will include:
- Successful delivery of the special events programme and select major donor events to contribute to the fundraising team net income.
- Managing these events within the agreed budget.
- Ensuring that high quality supporter relationship management is maintained for all attendees.
- Contributing to the development of the events portfolio.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of planning and implementation of the special events programme, including creating strategic plans, working with the committee to cultivate attendance, organising logistics, managing the expenditure budget and achieving income targets.
- To develop and implement marketing plans to promote the events, to work with designers to produce support materials, adverts and implement mailing strategies to support these events.
The successful applicant will have the skills and experience:
- Experience in charity fundraising events organisation either in the voluntary, corporate or commercial sector.
- Track record of success in delivering special events to target and budget
- Experience of using a database (preferably Raisers Edge)
- Experience of producing promotional materials/writing applications
- Strong communication skills to deal effectively in person and by telephone with a wide range of people at all levels
- Ability to develop strategy and to prepare monthly work plans/reports for the Head of Events, which meet measurable targets.
Closing date: ASAP
If you are interested in this role or wish to register with TPP to hear about future posts, please call Marianne on 020 7198 6040 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn't always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Not for Profit website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.