|Job Title||Senior Operations Support Manager (Logistics) - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£50k per year|
|Job Published||30 Mar 2016|
|Contact Name||Glen Manners|
TPP are pleased to be partnering with the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) for a two year fixed term Senior Operations Support Manager role.
The role will be based at CAMRA headquarters in St Albans and will involve leading on a new national Logistics review.
CAMRA is a not-for-profit consumer group with nearly 180,000 members that has been operating since 1971. Their vision is to have quality real ale and thriving pubs in every community. They are a volunteer-led organisation, with a small, enthusiastic and committed staff team of almost 50 people. CAMRA is independent and their objectives are wholly membership driven. All proceeds are put back into achieving their campaigning objectives and they have no commercial interests.
You will undertake a strategic review of logistics and operational support, to recommend an optimum national configuration of equipment supply to festivals, as well as stock management.
Providing strategic leadership to CAMRA's central logistics function, you're remit will include the movement and storage of materials, inventory (and related information flow) through the organisation to ensure the cost-effective and efficient fulfilment of services to CAMRA's Beer Festival, Branch operations, and Head Office activities. You will also have oversight and strategic planning of CAMRA's Health and Safety framework.
Main Duties include:
- Logistics Strategy Review
- Understand and document the current stock holding and configuration of CAMRA's warehousing and transport, including regional sites.
- Ensure the warehouse and distribution functions deliver services, efficiently, safely and to a high standard of performance.
- Planning of equipment supply and fulfilment of orders from festivals
- Oversight of the logistics team recruitment, induction, performance appraisals reviews and personal development support
- Ensure logistics service standards are maintained and improved
- Oversee the implementation of CAMRA's Health and Safety policy, primarily through management of a dedicated Health and Safety Manager who will review festival safety plans and conduct audits,
- Directly manage the H&S compliance of Warehouse, Logistics staff, Visitors and contractors in line with current legislation
Essential Criteria for this role includes:
- Experience of leading day to day operations of logistics function of a multi-site operation.
- Planning of stock movements and deliveries
- Completion to strategic review of operational functions
- Ability to collate, analyse and present data clearly and concisely
- Communication and influencing skills to bring about effective change
- The role holder should be a level 4 (preferably level 5) member of the IoSCM (supply chain management, logistics & transport, or warehousing)
- Suitable IOSH or NEBOSH accredited qualifications is desirable.
- Proven management skills and the ability to ensure the effective achievement of team?objectives by managing staff and service product providers
To apply for this role please send your CV for consideration, or follow the link on the microsite: http://camrajobs.org/