An Anglican organisation are currently recruiting for a Safeguarding Adviser to promote, develop and implement safeguarding knowledge, policy and practise across the London area.
This is a permanent role based in Pimlico and will require occasional weekend and evening work. There is a flexible working policy, with the opportunity for some home working.
The main responsibilities for the role include:
- Advising on safeguarding training needs and development of safeguarding training strategy.
- Arranging safeguarding training events, maintaining a record of who have attended events, evaluating the training, issuing attendance certificates and supporting the trainer.
- Providing safeguarding advice and support to personnel where there are concerns about children, young people or adults at risk including gathering and disseminating information and best practice.
- Liaise with, advise and support the Safeguarding co-ordinators to maintain good practice across each area.
- Manage the central point of contact for safeguarding information, guidance and reporting of concerns from parishes and external agencies.
Essential Criteria for the role include:
- Qualified in a relevant professional areas, e.g. child care social work, probation, health, education, psychology or police work
- Have experience of directly working with safeguarding issues and have undertaken specific training in child protection.
- Ability to promote events and develop and organise training
- Ability to keep up to date with legislative and government developments in the field
- Ability to work on own initiative and with colleagues in sympathy with the ethos and mission of the Church of England
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J53991KP
Ref: EXPIRED - J53991KP | Published: 18th Dec 2015