|Job Title||Registration Support Officer - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£20,291 - 23,871 per year + benefits|
|Job Published||10 Apr 2017|
|Contact Name||OS Temp Team|
Registration Support Officer - 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
A leading health related regulatory body are looking for a strong administrator to join their team as Registration Support Officer on a fixed term contract basis for 6 months. The purpose of the role is to provide effective administrative support to the Registration Team and to participate in the development of administrative systems and procedures, according to aims and objectives, to maintain the database by ensuring all maintenance and compliance activities are carried out within agreed SLA and to support the Registration Manager (UK applications & shared services) to provide a world class service to all customers and stakeholders.
- Carry out all works in line with internal procedures, good financial practices and contributes to the overall objectives of the body.
- To provide the highest standards of customer service at all times and to promote effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Responsible for your own workload, ensuring that all actions are taken as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work is carried out appropriately, liaising with colleagues and other parties as required.
- Assist with the induction and training of new staff in the department.
- Photocopy, collate and mail paperwork for assessment panels, committees and meetings.
- Maintain accurate electronic and manual records.
- Maintain an on and off-site archive filing system and ensure electronic records are kept up to date.
- Liaise directly and arrange transportation of archive files to and from off-site archiving company.
- Responsible for all mailings including application packs, Direct Debit Confirmation and Acknowledgement Letters.
- Ensure all original documents are securely returned to applicants
- Registration certificate printing and posting.
- Daily collection, sorting and distribution of post.
- To assist with the development of the service to respond to current and future customer needs
- Co-ordinate stationery supplies for the team and carry out regular stock takes.
- Carry out maintenance and data-cleaning of databases and records as required
- To insure all data held is current, accurate and valid, via maintenance and compliance of change of name/address
- Participate in improvement projects.
- Ensure complaints are responded to effectively and efficiently in accordance with procedures
Focus for detail and an eye for accuracy with speed and repetitive tasks.
Proven communications skills
Experience of working in a deadline driven and work target environment.
Experience of maintaining records, databases and filing systems
Experience of dealing with a variety of external contacts, including members of the public
Competence in working in a regulatory framework is desirable.
Commitment to ensuring quality and accuracy of work
Ability to plan and organise workload to timescales and to manage own time effectively
Strong team-working skills combined with the ability to work independently.
Ability to work sensitively with confidential information including details of applicant?s health, character, convictions and financial details.
Good IT skills, including MS Office products
A commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery
Please note that as this role comes with an immediate start date for succesful candidate, only candidates that are immediately available or available at short notice will be considered. Please apply today!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.