|Job Title||Programme Officer (Afghanistan) - EXPIRED|
|Location||City of London, London|
|Salary||£32181 - £35000 per annum|
|Job Published||22 May 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP - HR & Specialist Support Permanent Team|
This leading International development charity are recruiting an experienced Programme Officer to be based in London with a focus on Afghanistan.
Although this is a London based role you will be required to spend up to 12 weeks in Afghanistan.
This is a rare opportunity to work for a key player in International Development.
You will be responsible for building effective working relationships with peers in the International Development Department, as well as with colleagues in the Humanitarian and Programme Effectiveness Departments.
This is in order to develop and maintain horizontal links, and to foster between programmes, learning, innovation, good practice, and fundraising within and between regions or areas of work.
The role has also a number of cross-divisional and cross-organisational functions linked including Education, Communities & Supporters, Fundraising, Finance, Media, Policy and Advocacy teams.
* Programme management and development.
* Managing effective relationships with partners and providing or facilitating capacity development support.
* Internal and external representation, in co-ordination with the Country Representative and the Humanitarian Department.
* Financial management and monitoring of programmes and projects
* Systems and compliance: ensuring the effective use of systems to share programme knowledge and inform decision making.
This includes ensuring compliance with agreements, regulations and requirements attached to our work.
- Extensive international progamme development experience.
- Understanding and experience of international development and programme management and quality standards within this context.
- Proven ability to develop and manage strategic livelihoods or gender-related programmes in a complex, conflict related context.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Afghanistan for up to 12 weeks per year, sometimes at short notice.
To apply for this Programme role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team
quoting the reference number 51733GM.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.