|Job Title||Programme Coordinator, North of England - EXPIRED|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Salary||£30000 per annum|
|Job Published||09 Jan 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP Regional|
Into Film's mission is to put film at the heart of children and young people's learning and cultural experience. Supported by the BFI, together with funding from the film industry and a number of other sources, we will deliver an ambitious new programme that seeks to make a step change in film
learning for 5-19 year olds across the UK, encouraging and enabling watching, making and critical understanding of film in one accessible offer.
Into Film incorporates the legacy of two leading film education charities, First Light and FILMCLUB, and will be working together with a range of partners in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Into Film is looking for a Programme Coordinator to join its team based in Salford. The successful candidate will be responsible for the engagement of schools and other organisations with all the elements of the Into Film programme including (but not limited to) the running of film clubs, encouraging and supporting schools to develop their use of film in the curriculum and resources in and out of the classroom as well as ensuring that schools take up offers of visits, participate in the Industry Interaction Programme to help them link with local film industry professionals and organisations.
This is an exciting and dynamic role and the Programme Coordinator will:
- Work on the development and forward planning/delivery of activities
- Encourage and support young people to broaden their appetite for film
- Implement a strategy for recruiting schools and organisations to the Into Film programme with specific focus on disadvantaged/ excluded young people
- Devise and implement their own projects and ideas to keep the momentum of activities and engagement
- Deliver and feed into training, CPD and resources to their own team and teachers/youth leaders
- Visit schools, cinemas, Bridge, HUB and other organisations and Local Authorities to build relationships and troubleshoot
- Stay ahead of issues in education as well as safeguarding, data protection and social changes
- Establish a commitment to quality and contribute to long term development of the charity
The charity is looking for someone with the following:
- Experience and understanding of the UK education system particularly in England
- Knowledge of the wide range of filmmaking and animation processes
- Excellent written and other communication skills across all audiences
- Excellent organisational and research skills to run simultaneous projects remotely and from head office
- Experience of training, running meetings and approaching target led work
- A love and knowledge of film
Closing date 23rd at 12pm
First interviews are likely to be on 6th February 2015 in Salford
Second interviews 13th February London
To apply for this great role please send your CV to Ellen Drummond Divisional Manager - Regional quoting reference J50232EDR
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
TPP was voted Best Recruitment Agency 2014 at the IoF PIFAs.