A specialist construction organisation are recruiting for a permanent Operational Readiness Delivery Training Manager to coordinate and facilitate all the related training during prerequisite handovers.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Coordinating and supporting project teams in relation to the following:
- Outlining a plan and framework to confirm all required training from contractors to comply with the works information.
- Liaising with infrastructure managers in agreeing and scheduling all required ?train the trainers? as obligated within the project development agreement.
- Outlining a plan and framework to rationalise required training into a comprehensive programme that eliminates duplication of training between contractors and equalizes the training burden between contractors to the extent practicable.
- Supporting the individual project teams in negotiation and administration of variations to Tier I contracts to implement the rationalised plans.
- Overseeing and supporting the individual project teams in managing Tier I contractors? development and delivery of required training in accordance with the rationalised plans.
- Developing and implementing a procurement strategy for procurement of third party professional services for the scheduling and administration of a coordinated programme for contractors training to the infrastructure managers.
- Ensuring the provision of all training and associated deliverables in accordance with the agreed programmes.
- Confirming quality requirements for all training and checking that proper processes are identified and implemented by contractors and subcontractors to achieve contractual self-assurance; conducts surveillances to document compliance.
- Conducting periodic project meetings consistent with the project communications plan to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discussing issues and facilitating problem resolution. Developing communication plan to check effective communications between Crossrail teams. Reporting all necessary dashboards, metrics, and updates for senior management information.
Main criteria for the role includes:
- Knowledge of industry and technology work processes. Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums. Experience with lump sum and reimbursable projects.
- Knowledge of front-end activities including: Best Practices/Lessons Learned, Constructability, Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation, Estimate/Proposal Review Process.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard infrastructure project management tools, techniques and procedures including: Project Controls, Financial management, Automation, including standard office tools, Records management.
- Knowledge and experience in baseline development and implementation including: Scope definition, Roles and Responsibilities, Estimates and resource loaded schedules, Progress and performance curves and metrics, Reports and action items tracking.
- Knowledge and experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control.
- Knowledge of NEC form contracts and the hierarchy of requirements documents in case of conflict (RFP, Proposal, Contract, etc.)
- Knowledge of project insurance issues/options.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Civil Engineers and Railway construction projects including CDM regulations.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J54616KP
Ref: EXPIRED - J54616KP | Published: 21th Jan 2016