||Temporary / Interim
||£13.74 - 13.74 per hour + holiday pay
||17 May 2017
||OS Temp Team
Our client, a leading suicide prevention charity, are looking for a bright, dynamic and flexible Office Assistant to provide wide-ranging administrative support to the team. This is a temporary opportunity with the potential for a longer term role for candidates that demonstrate a strong team fit and ability in the role. They are looking for candidates that are flexible and happy to roll up their sleeves in a varied and dynamic role. Culture fit is key here! You will be IT saavy with the ability to take initiative, stream lining and implementing new office processes and systems across office management, IT, HR, finance and customer service. You will be a confident user of CRM systems for data entry, ideally Salesforce.
- Be responsible for welcoming visitors to the office
- Be responsible for answering the main office phone line for incoming calls
- Be responsible for the main incoming email address, ensuring enquiries are responded to/forwarded on in a timely and appropriate way
- Organise agenda items and take minutes of weekly and monthly staff team meetings
- Manage stock lists, keep a log of items ordered or sent and ensure these are recorded against fundraising activities
- Be responsible for inbound and outbound post, ensuring correct procedures are followed, and work with volunteers as necessary to oversee outbound post
- Keep the Office Manual up to date for day-to-day use by staff and by managers
- Keep up to date records of all office suppliers and contracts and alert the General Manager when contracts are due to expire
- Ensure the office is clean, tidy and uncluttered
- Co-ordinate team meetings and team diaries as required to ensure no clashes and that the organisation is running in a timely fashion
- Support the General Manager to comply with Health and Safety regulations
- Organise internal and external meetings when required, and keep the team diary/calendar up-to-date
- Maintain a list of all office equipment and furnishings and ensure all equipment is safety tested where required
HR and IT support
- Organise monthly supervision sessions for staff, arranging venues and appointments
- Maintain a record of staff and volunteer DBS checks as appropriate and ensure these are renewed as and when required
- Induct new staff and volunteers on office procedures, ensuring new starters have access to relevant IT and appropriate levels of permission in advance of joining.
- Keep a record of all staff and volunteer absences
- Keep up to date records of staff and volunteer contact and emergency contact details
- Support the General Manager to maintain, document and develop IT and communications systems, including phones, software, hardware and SharePoint
- Ensure other key group files and documents are kept up-to-date, including staff and emergency contact details
- Take charge of petty cash and ensure procedures are followed
- Book train tickets, reconcile with expenses on a weekly/monthly basis
- Keep accurate records of all staff and volunteer expenses claims and co-ordinate with the Finance Officer to ensure these are processed according to the Finance Manual
- Bank donations on a weekly basis or as required by the Finance Officer
- Support the Finance Officer in raising and processing invoices and entering data onto the finance system.
- Highly organised, able to manage busy workload, plan ahead and prioritise workload with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Can-do approach, a positive problem-solving attitude and able to use initiative
- A commitment to working with and contributing to a small team, relating well to colleagues, trustees and members of the public
- Able to demonstrate a methodical, organised and flexible approach to work, working comfortably on multiple tasks at once
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a diverse range of people, to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Knowledge of basic information relating to health & safety, data protection, financial and office procedures
- A willingness to learn and make a positive contribution to a fast growing organisation
- Able to empathise with people who have been affected by suicide
Please apply today!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Ref: 60755SM | Published: 17th May 2017
Our client, a leading young people's charity based in Leeds are currently looking to take on a Programme Support Administrator on a 6 month fixed term contract. This is a Full time role working 35 hours per week. You will be the first point of contact for visitors and callers so excellent comm...
Location: Leeds | Salary £15,250 per year
Ref: 60724NF | Published: 12 May 2017