This is an ambitious department with clear vision and strategy of where they want to be in the next couple of years and they want a dynamic enthusiastic press officer brimming with ideas to help them make this happen. You would be an integral part of the team with the autonomy to work on your own ideas as well as contribute to the strategy.
- Experience of working in a busy press office or similar role.
- A love of networking and proactive press work.
- An excellent eye for a story and a proven track record in using creative stories to gain coverage for campaigns.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to express complex information in an accessible format for a variety of audiences.
- A confident networker with the ability to form relationships with professionals in the media to increase the number of contacts for the organisation and increase the coverage.
- Experience and understanding of the use of social media in integrated media campaigns to support and advance media objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders and contacts at all levels.
- Good understanding of the UK political system and how campaigns can influence decision making when it comes to health, social care and education policy.
- Excellent understanding of and engagement with the media with a track record as a news junkie.
Ref: EXPIRED - J54933SM | Published: 22th Feb 2016