This organistation is looking for a Media Relations Manager to manage the their reputation in the press and other external media. This will be by developing and implementing proactive PR strategies to support the organisation’s strategy as well as individual project and programme plans; and reactively, through effective reputation and crisis management operations. You will be reporting into the Director of Communications and line managing the Media Relations Officer.
- Developing and implementing proactive media relations strategies which support the organisation’s overall strategic direction building its reputation in the national, local and specialist media
- Implementing a plan to increase the impact of media relations activity
- Cultivating strong relationships with the media (print, on-line and broadcast) at a national, regional and local level
- Developing them as a ‘thought leader’ in the media by identifying key themes for comment, and preparing and agreeing specific news pegs, background scripts and briefings, and setting up interviews and/or issuing press releases.
- Proactively monitoring the media to seek opportunities
The appointed candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of communications and influencing strategies including appreciation of how to engage the media to best effect
- Thorough experience of reputation management techniques including horizon scanning, risk management and crisis communications.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to articulate messages clearly and concisely in an engaging style
- Ability to proof read large quantities of copy to a consistently high level of accuracy
- An appreciation of political, economic, social and regulatory environment
Ref: EXPIRED - 53143KMA | Published: 29th Oct 2015