|Job Title||Marketing Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Contract Type||Temporary / Interim|
|Job Published||05 Nov 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers Team|
Organisation Purpose and Structure
The purpose of this charity is to promote, for the public benefit, the preservation, care and improvement of the Tower Hamlets cemetery as a park, a place of historic and ecological interest and beauty and as a closed burial ground.
The Volunteer Role
The role will suit a person who can volunteer for the equivalent of 7-10 hours a week daytime, in the Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park (FoTHCP) office for approximately 6 months. Once confident in the role there may be scope to undertake elements of the role at distance. FoTHCP is the co-winner of the Observer Ethical Wildlife Award and the Octavia Hill Award, has featured in BBC programmes and has a very high reputation both locally and nationally. It is also going through an exciting period of change and growth as it broadens its activities. You can read about the Cemetery Park at www.fothcp.org and find out about its major themes in nature and wildlife, heritage, community, volunteering and learning. You would be helping a very busy, friendly, vibrant team.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative assistance to the Training and Learning Development Manager for marketing, events, and projects. The Charity runs approximately 200 events and courses each year (free and chargeable) and attracts delegates by advertising in print and online. It produces a quarterly members’ newsletter, Stone Stories, and a monthly enewsletter. There is always something happening to tell the world!
Roles and Responsibilities
The broad shape of the volunteer role is as follows:
As guided by the Training and Learning Development Manager, as needed –
- Post agreed marketing copy to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Upload events and courses to marketing websites and the FoTHCP website
- Create and write content for the FoTHCP website and blog
- Build email lists
- Compile and layout articles and images for ‘Stone Stories’ and the e-newsletter
- Design advertising flyers and posters 2
- Arrange for printing, and sending out
If you bring existing marketing skills and experience to this volunteer role, or you can demonstrate that you are dealing with the work well, we will welcome discussion about you taking on more challenge.
Ideally we seek someone:
- With experience in Marketing, perhaps wishing to transfer into charity / social enterprise
- A graduate or student in Marketing wishing to practice and extend their experience
- A self-starter who likes being part of a busy team
- Inquisitive, enjoys taking ownership and enjoys challenge and getting things done
- Confident with Word, Publisher, Excel and website platforms
- Cheerful, professional manner.
- Experience of working within an environmental charity
- Exposure and insight into: nature conservation, heritage, education, corporate
volunteering, Forest School, events and charity management
- Reasonable travel expenses covered
- Free attendance to our events and training courses (if availability allows)
Ideally you would be willing to volunteer for about 6 months. Your volunteering role will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Deadline for applications is Monday 9th November. Interviews will be held on Monday the 16th of November.
Please send your CV alongside a one page covering letter to email@example.com If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Tess Pettinger, Training and Learning Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0208 9831277
We look forward to hearing from you!