|Job Title||Major Appeal Manager - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£40000 - £47000 per annum|
|Job Published||19 Nov 2014|
|Contact Name||TPP Fundraising|
This award winning children's charity that provides vital direct financial support to families and young people in need is recruiting for a Major Appeal Manager to work closely with the Director of Fundraising and Marketing on an ambitious and exciting five year fundraising appeal.
Key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Alongside the Director of Fundraising and Marketing, lead the development of the appeal, using an agreed methodology to create the structure of the appeal and manage the external and internal relationships needed to deliver it
- To build the volunteer committees that will lead on fundraising for the appeal - specifically the Appeal Steering Group and the National Appeal Board
- To service and manage relationships with volunteer committees
- Manage an extensive portfolio of individuals, corporate partners, and trust & foundation funders - securing donations and grants, some of which will be six and seven figures
- Identifying, through an ongoing programme of research, new prospective major donors for the charity and appeal
- Development and delivery of a programme of stewardship opportunities and events, within the context of the appeal, to maximise long term value of donors and supporters
- Creating opportunities to engage with current and prospective major donors, bringing them closer to the cause and engaging them with the appeal and the work of the charity
- Develop long term and strong relationships for the charity through face to face meetings, events and regular telephone contact
- Report on the progress of the appeal to the senior management team
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record in securing at least six figure gifts or the equivalent in commercial terms
- Proven track record developing long-term, successful relationships and partnerships at a high level in either the not for profit or commercial sector
- Demonstrable very high level written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to influence and persuade potential high net worth supporters
- Drive to meet and exceed targets
- Creativity, with the ability to seek out and recognise potential opportunities to secure income
- Understanding of what is required to cultivate long term, productive relations and partnerships
- Ability to inform, assist and communicate clearly with Trustees and colleagues to generate enthusiasm for appeal goals
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivating; but also to make a valuable contribution to a small team
- A self-starter with energy and drive, willing and able to ask donors directly for a donation
Closing Date: 2nd December
If you are interested in this role and would like to have an informal chat please contact Ashby or Alice on 02071 986 040 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn't always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Not for Profit website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher. TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
TPP Not for Profit was voted Best Recruitment Agency 2014 at the IoF PIFAs.