A small, but highly influential membership organisation unique to the charity sector is seeking a Head of Finance & Administration for an interim role. The role will be for approximately 7-8 months until the end of March 2018. The role will involve having responsibility for the organisation's financial management, governance, and administration (HR, IT and premises). The role is both broad and operational, requiring considerable flexibility.
The role is paying £45k FTE.
The role will involve:
- Prepare budgets for the charity and subsidiary
- Prepare monthly financial reports/management accounts for Board and Senior Staff
- Draft annual trustees' report and financial statements for both entities and work with treasurer and auditors to finalise
- Supervise all financial processing (mainly done by Finance Officer), including sales and purchase ledgers, journals, and nominal ledger
- Manage cash flow including banking (and bank reconciliations) and deposit/ investment accounts
- Supervise VAT returns, and compliance with VAT and Corporation Tax requirements
- Supervise preparation of small monthly payroll, and manage all deductions/contributions including pensions
- Attend and contribute to Board Meetings, Finance and Audit Committee Meetings, Remuneration Committee meetings, and supervise the preparation of minutes
- Prepare agendas and papers for Board and Committee meetings and supervise dispatch
- Supervise maintenance of health and safety practices, policies and processes (including risk assessments, DSEs, PAT etc.)
- Maintain HR policies and the employee handbook
- Manage HR processes including recruitment, performance reviews, salary changes, etc.
- Ensure the availability of IT systems (now fully in the cloud)
- Experience of financial management including supervision of the key financial processing functions
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Experience of providing management accounts
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts in SORP format
- Knowledge of Sage
- An accountancy qualification, or comparable relevant experience
- Experience of working with a charity's trading subsidiary
- Experience of dealing with governance, and working with non-executive Boards
- Experience of dealing with contracts and business relations
- Experience of staff management, performance review, recruitment
- Knowledge of change management
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
How does your salary compare with other finance professionals? Take our finance salary survey to find out now!
Ref: EXPIRED - J61590JR_1499347380 | Published: 06th Jul 2017