This leading medical professional body are recruiting an experienced Information Governance Manager to be responsible for ensuring the organisation has a cohesive information management programme which includes both electronic record keeping and legislative compliance.
You will develop and improve our existing records and information management programme to ensure both appropriate quality standards and compliance with relevant legislation are met.
Main duties for the Information Governance Manager include:
- Provide specialist advice to the senior management team and explore and develop Information Systems to improve records and information management across the organisation.
- Manage an appropriate professional Information Management programme.
- Provide authoritative advice on a range of Information Legislation, including Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations, Freedom of Information and Payment Card Industry compliance
- Develop a culture of information awareness through engagement with staff, and embed information assurance and appropriate quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with NHS Information Governance toolkit and managing the Data Protection Registration.
- Implementation and management of the Information Governance Framework, including policies, procedures and guidance.
Essential criteria for the Information Governance Manager include:
- Understanding of electronic records management and document solutions, including SharePoint
- Excellent knowledge of the complicated regulatory and legal issues surrounding information management and compliance
- Understanding of the issues around document retention
- Formal qualification in archival/records management/Information management (Desirable)
- Relevant degree (Desirable)
- Relevant post qualification experience in information and records management
- Relevant post qualification experience in Data Protection
- Relevant experience in the provision of ongoing staff training programmes
To apply for this Information Governance Manager role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 50559CK.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ref: EXPIRED - 50559CK | Published: 06th Aug 2015