|Job Title||Helpline Officer - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£20400 per annum + % pension contribution|
|Job Published||01 May 2015|
|Contact Name||TPP Social Care & Housing|
TPP's client, an established well known Charity are currently recruiting for a Helpline Officer to work 2.5 days a week.
The Helpline Officer role will be a fixed term contracted position until 31st March 2016 although this may be extended depending on funding being secured.
Our client works to improve the support, services and recognition for anyone who cares, unpaid for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled, has mental health disorders or addiction problems.
As Helpline Officer you will be responsible for providing information, advice and support to unpaid carers via phone, email, letter and text. You will contribute, as part of the Helpline team, to developing and updating information resources, liaise with external organisations and professionals who provide services to support carers' needs and ensure that information links & resources are current, accurate and relevant to support signposting externally.
You will provide relevant updates at meetings to outreach workers and be expected to develop enhanced knowledge of appropriate services externally and issues impacting the carer groups prioritised on current service contracts.
Main duties will include:
* Delivery of information, advice and support for unpaid carers through the Helpline service
* Signposting externally to a range of organisations and professionals
* Liaising with external organisations & professionals to update and develop our Information Links (resource directory) and enable appropriate signposting to current, relevant services
* Participating in and contributing to marketing activity and campaigning throughout the year
* Undertaking reporting & evaluation as required
* Attendance at monthly contract review and staff meetings
* Attendance at the BCS Annual General Meeting
* Attendance at internal and external training as required
Successful candidates will have experience in an advisory role, experience of working with multidisciplinary teams and excellent communication skills, oral & written and possess a strong understanding of the issues unpaid carers face.
To be considered for this role please do send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference J51508SE. If your application is successful you will be required to complete and submit an application form.
Closing date is 12.00 on Monday 11th May.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.