An established membership organisation is seeking an experienced Governance Manager to join their team, providing administrative support for all matters relating to the constitutional processes and governance of the organisation. You will line manage one member of staff and provide support to the executive team and trustees.
- Organise all member elections including; General Assembly, Vice-President; Board of Trustees
- Co-ordinate appointments to Committees, Panels and wider governance bodies as required
- Act as Secretary to the Board of Trustees
- Line management of the Executive Administrator
- Arrange and co-ordinate board and committee meetings
- Prepare, draft, and circulate papers and agendas, write and distribute meeting minutes and co-ordinate follow up actions
- Co-ordinate and support effective induction programmes for new members
- Ensure good governance for services the organisation and other subsidiary companies and charities.
- Co-ordinate the timely submission of returns to the Charity Commission and/or Companies House and ensure the information provided is up to date
- Take responsibility for updating and maintaining Governance pages on the website
- Prepare briefings and reports for the Executive Team, Presidential Team and Board of Trustees as appropriate
- Maintain records and monitor outcomes in support of compliance programmes.
- Participate in corporate projects from time to time
Essential criteria for the Governance Manager
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- A detailed understanding of organisational governance, preferably gained from the membership or charitable sectors
- Experience of running a Secretariat function.
- The ability to analyse complex information, identify the key points and summarise succinctly
- Excellent written communication skills including report writing and minute taking.
- The ability to work with politically sensitive or confidential information appropriately
- Excellent communication
To apply for the Governance Manager role, please email your CV to our Office Support team quoting the reference number 57986CH All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ref: EXPIRED - 57986CH | Published: 18th Oct 2016