|Job Title||Fundraising Intern/Volunteer - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||19 May 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers team|
Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to gain fundraising experience in a busy but friendly fundraising
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change. Our vision is to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism and our mission is to help them to learn, thrive and achieve.
We are looking for an intern/volunteer to support the fundraising team across all their activities as they raise vital funds from a variety of sources, including events, companies, major donors and trusts and foundations. The internship is ideal for someone who is keen to obtain a wide understanding of fundraising and gain transferable fundraising skills and experience.
Our intern's task list includes the following:
* Assist with administration and implementation of fundraising events and activities
* Research new funding opportunities through online databases, sector press and subscription services
* Help maintain the fundraising pages on our website, providing ideas and writing copy
* Undertake competitive analysis
* Produce and distribute fundraising materials, thank donors, arrange meetings and take minutes
* Support team members on new business opportunities through research and preparation for external meetings
* To lead on specific projects as required
* Assist with the preparation of donor and financial reports
* Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on the fundraising database, network drives and hard filing systems
* Work collaboratively with other departments
* To perform any other reasonable duties as required by Ambitious about Autism.
Our ideal intern looks like this:
* Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proactive, resourceful and flexible
* Have proven experience of research
* Have experience of MS Office applications, particularly Excel
* Have good analytical skills
* Able to think laterally and produce original materials
* Trustworthy and maintain confidentiality
* Flexible, an enthusiastic and committed team player
Ideally we would like somebody for approximately 3 days a week for a minimum of 3 to 6 months, but we would be flexible for the right candidate. This is an unpaid role but lunch and travel expenses can be reimbursed.
The role will be based at The Pears National Centre for Autism Education, Woodside Avenue, Muswell Hill, London N10 3JA but will include occasional travel to events etc.
To apply please download and complete the volunteer application form through the following link: http://www.ambitiousaboutautism.org.uk/vacancies/fundraising-intern-volunteer and send it to Jo Lillie at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Pears National Centre for Autism Education, Woodside Avenue, Muswell Hill, London N10 3JA. If you have any queries regarding this internship please call Jo on 020 8815 5137.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.