Forum for the Future is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join the Fundraising team as an intern, undertaking research and other activities to further our success.
At Forum we aim to create change towards sustainability by transforming organisations and the sectors they work in, for the benefit of people and the environment. We partner with a global audience of professionals working in business, the public sector and other non-profit organisations. We are also a registered charity, reliant on philanthropic funding to support our work.
Our Fundraising team is looking for an intern, based in our London office, to work part-time (3-4 days per week) over a period of three months. The fundraising function was set up in 2015 to help diversify Forum’s funding base, by securing income from trusts and foundations.
This internship is a fantastic opportunity to experience working with a range of teams in a progressive NGO and to contribute to fundraising for our cutting edge work in sustainable development through; helping to research and identify funders, support the Fundraising Manager to maintain relationship management systems, gain an insight into developing funding propositions and help build a pipeline of fundraising opportunities.
- Predominantly desk-based research: identifying and profiling prospective trusts and foundations
- Data management: using Salesforce (database) to update contact information, create funder profiles and build funding opportunity reports
- Administration: various tasks relating to internal fundraising procedures, event planning and management and working with other Forum teams
- Editorial tasks: reviewing, proofreading and supporting the development of funding applications
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working in a small, fast-paced team at the heart of an organisation driving for change and learn more about Forum’s work. That’s why the person we have in mind will have:
- An interest in fundraising and/or sustainable development, with an appetite to learn more
- An ability to carry out in-depth research with limited management
- Experience of working with a database (Salesforce or other)
- A high level of literacy and an ability to write clearly
- Excellent ICT skills, including in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently and be self-motivating
- Ability to organise and prioritise work and meet deadlines
- A willingness to pitch in with a variety of tasks within a small team
- A commitment to the values and mission of Forum for the Future
This internship is for three months on a part-time basis. The internship is unpaid, with lunch expenses up to £5 a day and travel within London Zone 1-6 reimbursed.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter, together with an equal opportunities form to Sophie Kennedy, HR Assistant, Forum for the Future, London EC1V 3QN or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The equal opportunities form will be detached from your application and will not form part of the shortlisting or selection process.
CVs should be no more than two sides in length. Covering letters should be no more than one side, and should explain clearly, with examples, how you meet the person specification and how you would benefit from the role.
- Closing date for applications: 9.00am Wednesday 22 June
- Interviews: Thursday 30 June
- Internship start date: Monday 4 July (flexible)
Due to the number of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us by close of business on Thursday 30 June, we will not be taking your application further.