|Job Title||Fundraising and Communications Intern - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||13 Feb 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers team|
Bowel and Cancer Research has a vision; that no one should die of bowel cancer, live with chronic bowel disease or face life with a permanent stoma. We fund research around the UK into bowel cancer and other bowel problems.
Bowel & Cancer Research is a growing national charity, By joining our team you will be able to see how a national charity works as a whole and have the opportunity to gain experience for your CV across a variety of fundraising and communications areas. This means that the work will be diverse and often fast-paced. There will also be opportunities for your own creative ideas.
The role will include three main projects:
- Re-designing and editing the events section of the website.
- Assisting in the promotion and design of the Big Bum-ble event on the website, on social media and via email. The Big Bum-ble is a charity event, which during April, promotes exercise (walking) for reducing the risk of bowel cancer and through which we'd like to raise funds.
- Setting up a YouTube channel for the charity and/or photo site such as Flickr or Pinterest
Alongside the three projects above there will be continuing smaller amounts of work needed for the following at busy times:
- Logistical support on key running and cycling event days such as the London Marathon.
- Producing written communications to all the charity's supporters as required including letters and thank you cards.
- Updating social media
- Updating our supporter database
- Filing and other office admin as required
Skills and attitude required:
- Design skills. Knowledge of Photoshop or similar along with basic web design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of social sites, and their USPs.
- Solid practical working knowledge of IT software packages, including word and excel.
- A desire to contribute, to overcome challenges and to get things done.
Things to note:
- A DBS check will be required of all applicants since our head office also deals directly and indirectly with patients.
- The London Marathon takes place on the 26th of April and we will need an intern who could help on the day if at all possible.
- A Reference will be provided at the end of a successful internship.
To apply: Please send as attachments, a CV of no more than 2 sides along with a one-sided covering letter to Amy Noss. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to accept CVs until we have found a suitable candidate.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.