|Job Title||Trustee Treasurer - EXPIRED|
|Job Published||20 Jan 2015|
|Contact Name||Volunteers team|
We are looking for a skilled financier/accountant to volunteer with us at Misión México (UK) and join our excellent Board of Trustees.
We are a registered charity in the UK raising awareness of and fundraising for a children's orphanage in Tapachula, Mexico which provides refuge and hope to abandoned, abused and disadvantaged children. The children are provided a home, a family, education and opportunities to help them forget about their pasts and aspire to a better future. Mision México (UK) was officially registered as a UK charity at the beginning of 2011. Now that the foundations are in place we are looking to significantly increase awareness of our cause and build on our fundraising successes.
Our Board is spread across the UK, and meet up four times a year in London. Our AGM is held in January. Attendance at these meetings would be the minimum commitment we would require although you can be as proactive as you want to be. We also have monthly conference calls via Skype. This would suit someone lives in or a commutable distance from the London area.
Skills and responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the financial administration of the charity
- Review procedures and financial reporting
- Advise the board on financial strategy and fundraising
- Prepare end of year reports for OSCR
- Process Gift Aid Donations via HMRC
- Prepare Quarterly summaries for Board meetings
- Ensure compliance with our accounting and financial regulatory requirements
- Assist Development Manager in preparation of global budgets
- Monitor the budget
- Prepare any required financial reporting forms
- Report to the Board of Trustees on finances
- Oversee all financial transactions
Applications should be sent to our Chair, Deborah Grossman on Deborah@lovelifehope.com. To know more about who we support please visit our website at www.lovelifehope.com.
TPP is committed to equal opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We shortlist based on competencies and not on race, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
TPP was voted Best Recruitment Agency 2014 at the IoF PIFAs.