|Job Title||Financial Accountant - INGO - Tunbridge Wells - £36k - EXPIRED|
|Location||Royal Tunbridge Wells|
|Salary||£36k per year|
|Job Published||05 Apr 2017|
|Contact Name||Finance Team|
A small NGO based in Tonbridge Wells, Kent, is seeking a talented Financial Accountant / Controller ideally with NGO experience, for a new role. The role will involve a mixture of financial accounting, systems accounting and treasury management.
The role will involve:
- Maintain the NGO’s books of accounts; Prepare journals and accurately record Payments/receipts/invoices in Sun
- Ensure all income transactions are recorded in Raiser’s Edge
- Perform monthly reconciliations of Balance sheet accounts including bank accounts
- Manage Month End processes and Year End closure for all entities in Sun
- Staff Salaries, PAYE, Pensions, Staff advance payments and other remittances
- Responsibility for Gift Aid reclaims and reconciliations
- Maintain agreed Foreign exchange rates in Sun for Group.
- Perform monthly and Year end currency revaluations in Sun.
- Preparation of full schedules for the statutory year end accounts in compliance with the relevant SORP and financial reporting standards
- Responsible for the provision of Sun and Q&A technical support and training for UK and country office finance staff
- Maintain the group chart of Accounts
- Responsible for ensuring that there are adequate funds in the charity’s bank accounts to fulfil UK payments including hedging contracts and transfers to Country offices
- Maintain cash flow forecast and update regularly in line with agreed revised income and expenditure forecasts
-Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant with extensive relevant experience
-Recent experience of Sun Accounts and Q&A
-Experience of working in a multi donor funded context
-Experience of donor reporting in a multicurrency environment
-Ability to generate and analyse financial information for key decision making
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.