|Job Title||Finance Officer - Membership Charity - Sage Line 50 - £26-28k - EXPIRED|
|Salary||£26k - 28k per year|
|Job Published||28 Apr 2017|
|Contact Name||Finance Team|
A highly prestigious academic focused membership charity is seeking an experienced Finance Officer for a permanent role. The role will be based in central London.
As Finance Officer you will join a small finance team, working alongside the Head of Finance to ensure that the financial information for the charity and its trading company is accurate and up to date. You will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records on SAGE Line 50 including the purchase and sales ledgers, managing the BACS payments, preparing monthly reports for budget-holders and dealing with enquiries from suppliers and customers. You will also look after subscriptions from the charity’s members and provide support to other staff members.
- Maintain the accounting records (purchase, sales and nominal ledgers) of 2 entities on SAGE Line 50 and reconcile control accounts to produce the monthly trial balance.
- Look after the purchase ledgers of 2 entities by inputting purchase invoices and expense claims onto SAGE and making payments by BACS and cheque.
- Assist staff with queries about expenses or purchase invoices.
- Prepare sales invoices for the charity as necessary under terms of funding arrangements
- Prepare banking details and bank all income received at the charity offices on a regular basis
- Prepare bank reconciliations from SAGE on a weekly basis
- Maintain the details of members’ bank accounts and subscription rates on Excel during the year, being the first point of contact for members with queries about their subscription payments
- Contact members whose subscriptions are unpaid, follow up failed direct debits
- Prepare monthly budget holder reports from SAGE downloads into Excel and help with queries about variances
- Assist in preparation of year end accounts on SAGE and work with Head of Finance in producing documentation for audit.
- Ensure that all transactions are entered onto SAGE with the correct VAT code and assist the Head of Finance in the preparation and submission of VAT returns for the charity and the trading company
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and high level of spoken and written English
-Comfortable working in an academic environment
-Previous experience with Sage Line 50 preferred
-Educated to at least A level or equivalent
-Experience with charity accounting desirable
-Experience in taking accounts to trial balance
-Strong experience working with sales / purchase ledger and bank reconciliations
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. CV deadline is 4th May 2017.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.